- The personal information I collect about you
- What I do with your information
- Who your information might be shared with
- Your rights with regard to your personal data
Who I am
In this policy ‘I’, ‘my’ and ‘me’ refer to Margaret Guillen.
Where I collect your information
I may collect your personal information directly from you and/or from a variety of sources including:
- website enquiry forms
- phone conversations with me
- emails or letters you send to me
- meetings with me
- my online services such as websites and social media
I may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information I hold (such as your address) or to give better contact information if I am unable to contact you directly.
What information do I hold on you?
Information that I hold on you includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, date of birth, business and contact details
- Information about your contact with me e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit my website
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your health. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the service you have requested or to comply with my legal obligations
What do I do with the information?
I use information about you to:
- provide relevant services
- identify ways I can improve our relationship and services
- maintain and monitor the advice I have given you together with services
- protect both our interests
- meet my legal and regulatory obligations
- decide and recommend how my services might be suitable for you
To provide services under the terms and conditions we agree between us, I may need to collect and use personal information about you. If you do not provide this personal information, I may not be able to provide you with my services.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
This may include the following in order to:
- provide suitable advice, products, services and information
- research your experience in dealing with me
- protect both our interests
I also have to share information with third parties to meet any applicable law, regulation or lawful request. When I believe I have been given false or misleading information, or I suspect criminal activity I must record this and tell law enforcement agencies, which may be either in or outside the UK.
I expect these third parties to have the same levels of information protection that I have.
Social networking sites
I maintain an online presence on popular social media websites including (but not limited to) Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google plus. I use these websites to share my news and upcoming events. By engaging with me on these sites, you are accepting that the webpages are available to the general public and agree to the following:
- social media web pages are not private, please do not share your personal account information on any of the websites, including through the use of private messages
- although I do always try to read every message sent to me on social media, I cannot guarantee a response to every message
- any pictures you provide on my social media web pages may be used within my internal newsletters
- any information that you provide me with on social media webpages may be retained by the webpage for longer than your relationship with me
How I keep your information safe
I protect your information with security measures under the laws that apply and strive to comply with my obligations at all time. I keep our computers, files and buildings secure.
How long I keep your information
To meet my legal and regulatory obligations, I hold your information while you are a customer and for a period of time after that. I do not hold it for longer than necessary.
Your individual rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data.
- You have the right to request from me access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability
- If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) if you believe that I have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal data
SSL certificates / green bar
My website uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect all network traffic between your PC and our systems. All information travelling to and from my website is safe against interception by third parties who might otherwise use that information without your consent.
SSL also protects you by confirming that you are looking at Margaret Guillen’s website and not a fraudulent site designed to trick you into disclosing your personal information.
Cookies are small text files which ask permission to be placed on your computer by websites you visit. Your web browser may allow you to erase the cookies, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions for guidance. However, in some instances, unless the cookies are accepted, parts of the website application will not function, fully or at all.
If you do allow cookies to be used, when you view my website, it will store some cookie files, which will enable me to measure the use of the pages and features on my website and allow you to use some of its functions. The cookie is used to store the IP address of your machine and will not contain any data personal to you. I do not make any attempt to find out, by means of the cookies, the identities of those visiting my website. For further information please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
I will make changes to this statement from time to time, particularly when I change how I use your information, and change my technology and products.
How to contact me
Margaret Guillen is the Controller and Processor of Data for the purposes of the GDPR.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact:
07500 778 137