Essential building blocks for a successful business that every female solopreneur needs
You are female solopreneur, you have a passion, you’re good at something and want to start in business
Planning for Success
1. Do your market research first check is there a gap in the market, is there a need for your product or service, can you solve a problem?
2. Develop a Business Plan. Doesn’t matter if you are small business or Solopreneur, everyone should prepare a business plan to explain your business vision and goals. It doesn’t have to be a long document; it can be short but need to be specific
Also before you start marketing assess your financial situation and make a financial plan. Make sure you have funds from other sources until your business becomes established. Feeling secure financially will allow you to market and build your business with more confidence and ease.
3. Develop a vision for your business
it’s difficult to get somewhere if you don’t know where you are going….Develop a detailed vision of what you want from your business. What your business look like in 6 months, 1 year and 5 years and write it down.
clients do you want to have?
days and hours do you want to work?
What income do you need/want?
The more clarity and specificity you have, the more likely you will turn your vision into reality
4. Know who is your Ideal Client?
Who your business will serve? Once you know who your ideal client is, you will know exactly what their need and wants are and where to find them. When you try to stay too broad “everyone is my client” you will find that you waste a lot of time, money and energy chasing the whole world. When you marketing to everyone, you are market to no one. You aren’t visible to any audience and therefore you are ignored. This is probably the biggest cause of failure among Solopreneurs.
5. Choose marketing methods that you LIKE
Take some time to explore and develop marketing methods that suit your unique talents and interests. There are many ways to promote your business. To get ideas, read books, take courses, and ask other professionals how they built their business. Marketing can be an enjoyable and creative process. Find a way to take pleasure in this aspect of your business and you will be more motivated to do it.
6. Develop a marketing plan
In order to market your business successfully, you must have a marketing plan. Decide on a specific target market for your product or service, especially in the early phase of your business to get the most results for your effort. Who are your ideal customers? .One of the most common mistakes start-ups make is trying a few methods of marketing randomly, and when the results are not immediate, they mistakenly assume the techniques don’t work. Successful businesses are often built upon a number of marketing strategies that work together over time. To market effectively you must make yourself repeatedly visible to potential clients and referral sources so that they get to know and trust you.
7. Make a commitment to build your business
Typically it can take anywhere from 1-3+ years to build a business. Exactly how long will depend on numerous factors including the size of your current network, how effectively you market, the demand for your service or product and how much time you spend developing your business. Make a commitment to take action on a regular basis. It’s best if you set aside a specific amount of time on a weekly basis for marketing your business, and try to stick to this schedule even when you become disheartened or become tempted to allow other things to take priority.
8. Get Support, have a variety of mentors and coaches.
Because you will be primarily working alone, you may feel isolated and discouraged at times. It’s important to have people and resources you can access for support. Listen to experienced business people and realize that family and friends may have good intentions but may not be knowledgeable in the business.
Most successful people have had consistently other people helping them. Whether you get expert guidance from a professional business coach or consultant, guidance and feedback on your ideas and goals is essential. The more support you get, the greater your chances of success with your business
9. DO NOT give up.
Do not give up in business. People that have started successful businesses started with an idea, acted on it and kept on trying until they reached success
- Believe in yourself, your product or service – if you do not have confidence you will fail
- Become excellent at what you do – it’s important how you position yourself, how you stand out, what is your niche, become expert
- Develop a mental toughness – learn to control your mind, master rejection, overcome prejudice
- Develop 8 characteristics of successful people: Determination, integrity, flexibility, persistence, curiosity, discipline, leadership, courage
10. Stay true to yourself and your values. When I started my business I created a set of values and whenever it came to making big decisions I always came back to these and made sure I didn’t forget the reason I started up in the first place.
Most of all enjoy the ride! Starting a business can be the most thrilling and exciting experience so remember to find the joy in every working day 🙂
And if you’ve found this post helpful, please share the inspiration with your friends on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+